Apriva Announces Availability of Apriva Wallet
Comprehensive Mobile Commerce Solution Combines Payments, Loyalty, Couponing, Location-based Services, Social Media and Identification Features In A Secure, Intuitive and Flexible Platform
Scottsdale, AZ January 10, 2012—Apriva, the leading provider of end-to-end wireless transactions and secure information solutions, has announced that its Apriva Wallet™ mobile commerce platform is now available to merchants through Apriva’s national network of merchant acquirers, independent sales organizations (ISOs) and other channel partners. A multi-functional and highly secure solution that can be white labeled by both merchants and channel partners, the Apriva Wallet enables consumers to engage in a rich and intuitive retail experience with merchants through their existing iPhone and Android devices.
“The majority of mobile wallets that are in the market today offer only a limited set of services,” explained Paul Coppinger, president of Apriva. “The Apriva Wallet is a flexible platform that can support a wide array of devices and networks, and interoperate with a number of payments processors and financial institutions. We designed the Apriva Wallet from the ground-up as a standalone solution that encompasses all of the features required for a rich mobile commerce experience.”
“Apriva’s approach to introducing new technology,” continued Coppinger “is to empower merchant acquirers with products and services that they can use to differentiate themselves and achieve a competitive advantage. We’ve continued this philosophy by designing our Wallet to operate within today’s infrastructure, as well as support emerging technologies that are entering the marketplace in the future. We seek not to disrupt the payment ecosystem, but rather to enhance it and, over time, evolve it.”
The Apriva Wallet is infrastructure-agnostic, and can interoperate with any payment processor, financial institution and wireless carrier. It works with current, magnetic stripe payment technologies and does not require physical changes to the point of sale environment. The Apriva Wallet works equally well with emerging standards such as NFC and EMV. It is compatible with both the Apple iOS and Android™ operating systems, and a Windows Mobile® version is scheduled to release later this year. The Apriva Wallet is built on Apriva’s AprivaTalk™ security protocol, recognized as one of the payment industry’s most robust and reliable security standards.
From a functionality standpoint, the Apriva Wallet brings together a number of features and applications to provide a rich mobile commerce experience for both merchants and consumers. Among these include:
- Easy opt-in: Consumers can easily download the Apriva Wallet at any participating merchant by providing their mobile number at the point of sale. They can also download the Apriva Wallet through the various app stores.
- Secure transactions: Apriva Wallet utilizes AprivaTalk, considered the most reliable and secure transaction technology in the payments industry. AprivaTalk exceeds all regulatory mandates, thereby providing greater protection for merchants and financial institutions from fraud.
- Electronic receipts: Apriva Wallet delivers instant electronic receipts on every purchase. Consumers can receive these receipts both on their mobile device as well as in their preferred email accounts.
- Loyalty programs: Apriva Wallet offers an integrated and comprehensive loyalty program to merchants at no charge. This full-featured offering is easily branded by merchants and enables even the smallest business to compete with larger companies by offering their own robust program that can result in greater customer retention, increased sales and higher profits. Apriva Wallet can also integrate with a merchant’s existing loyalty program.
- Location-based services: Apriva Wallet supports LBS technologies to help both merchants and consumers benefit from geographically-targeted offers.
- Couponing: Apriva Wallet allows merchants to flexibly distribute coupons to any specific set of customers.
- Tickets: Consumers can use the Apriva Wallet to purchase and download event tickets to their mobile device.
- Advertising: Merchants can use the Apriva Wallet platform to promote new offerings to individuals, groups or mass markets.
- Social Media: Apriva Wallet integrates with both Facebook and Twitter, enabling consumers to communicate and share retail experiences through social networks.
- Identity Protection: Consumers can store valuable personal information in the Apriva Wallet, such as driver licenses, institutional identity cards, healthcare information, passports, and other cards that a consumer would carry in a physical wallet.
“Apriva has always differentiated itself by delivering robust commerce technologies that have provided tangible solutions in a complex and constantly evolving market,” said Brent Iadarola, global research director for Frost & Sullivan’s Mobile & Wireless practice. “The Apriva Wallet is a shining example of how foresight and simplicity can enable merchants, consumers, and service providers to fully leverage the profound benefits of M-commerce. By creating an ecosystem that supports a multitude of devices, and offering a comprehensive feature set, the Apriva Wallet is a compelling, flexible and accessible platform that should remain relevant for many years to come.”
Founded in 1999, Apriva is the leading provider of end-to-end wireless transactions and secure information messaging solutions that meet the exacting security and reliability requirements of financial services providers, government entities, and public service sectors. Through its two operating groups, Apriva Point of Sale (POS) and Apriva Information Security Systems (ISS), the company offers customers fully-managed, end-to-end, security solutions that incorporate hardware, software, network infrastructure and management tools. For more information, visit www.apriva.com.
Parallel Communications Group